BF3 multiplayer gameplay.

The place for all things News!
StuDaBaker =8=
Round Table
Round Table

BF3 multiplayer gameplay.

Postby StuDaBaker =8= » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:36 am

10/25 will be here soon. I wonder what they system specs on the machine they recorded this on.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NDDfPxF3EFE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Cantina Fly =8=
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Cantina Fly =8= » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:46 am

The machines they've been running demo's on are sporting GTX 580's SLI. There are also a couple Twitter posts about graphic hardware and they all said expect to run SLI or Crossfire if you want Ultra settings.

Now that this map is open to beta testers, I look forward to bringing my system to it's knee's later.
CyberCuz =8=
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby CyberCuz =8= » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:04 am

Cantina, you should pretty much smoke this game. After a little patience, I finally got to play a round on Caspian, and with all the setting turned up ran it just fine on my 5870.
Cantina Fly =8=
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Cantina Fly =8= » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:42 am

Eventually, that's the hope. I'm still needing some driver optimization, especially for Crossfire. Remember I'm running at 2560x1600 so I actually need all the muscle. I'm going to test with my old 24" screen today if I get a chance. But yesterday playing Caspian, with my same settings from Metro, I was mostly at 70-80FPS, but there were these viscous spikes down to 30-40FPS and it was abrupt enough to disrupt my aim. I'm also still getting a decent amount of screen tearing.

Going to try manually dialing everything down some and see what effect that has. Will also help to tell how much is the game and how much is my drivers.

EDIT: So I just tried a game on Medium down the board with HBAO turned off and was at a solid 90FPS. A full server was laggy as all hell, but my FPS were solid. And Medium didn't look bad at all. Needless to say, there are going to be some serious tweak guides focused on this game.

Return to “Factor 8 News Forum”