Guild Wars

The place to meet and greet the Factor 8 community!
imported_Suibhne

Guild Wars

Postby imported_Suibhne » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:18 pm

If any of you guys is playing Guild Wars and wants to hook up with me in-game, you can buddy me under "Suibhne O Murchadha". :D
Kyril =VIII=
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Kyril =VIII= » Sun May 01, 2005 10:30 am

There were a couple Factor VIII members hot for this game, they may take you up on it. Not an RPG type myself, altho the game looks fantastic.
Kyril =VIII=
Round Table Staff

Racing: It's not how fast can you go. It's how long can you go fast.
FlakDaddy =8=
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby FlakDaddy =8= » Mon May 02, 2005 1:01 pm

LOL
I decided to pass on Guild Wars, just as I did on WoW, I just don't have the time for another all-consuming game :)
See you in UT though...
Deemo
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Deemo » Wed May 04, 2005 7:43 pm

Same here, I loved the Beta of Guild Wars, but made a decision not to buy, because I have no control, if I bought it I knew id play it every minute I had (and every minute i didnt have, which would be the problem). Great game though for anyone with the time.
imported_Suibhne

Postby imported_Suibhne » Wed May 04, 2005 11:34 pm

It would be possible to play GW only a few hours here and there, but wow - this game is abso-friggin'-lutely huge. I've already spent about 10 hours in-game, and I've barely scratched the surface. If you were playing the co-op storyline with friends, it could easily take months to finish. Very impressive.
AltarBoy
Initiate
Initiate

Postby AltarBoy » Thu May 05, 2005 5:11 pm

FlakDaddy >VIII< wrote:LOL
I decided to pass on Guild Wars, just as I did on WoW, I just don't have the time for another all-consuming game :)
See you in UT though...

Ditto. All kinds of annoying things keep getting in my way like my kids, fiancee, school, etc.

If only I were independently wealthy. *sigh*
"My idea of gun control is being able to put two rounds through the same hole from 25 yards . . . "
shauna
Initiate
Initiate

Re: Guild Wars

Postby shauna » Sat May 07, 2005 12:02 pm

Suibhne wrote:If any of you guys is playing Guild Wars and wants to hook up with me in-game, you can buddy me under "Suibhne O Murchadha". :D

I was thinking about buying it . If I do I will let you know. Btw, how is the game? - cool, ok or what
Shauna aka The Mad Frammer

Whatever happened to pong?
imported_Suibhne

Re: Guild Wars

Postby imported_Suibhne » Sun May 08, 2005 12:55 pm

shauna VIII wrote:I was thinking about buying it . If I do I will let you know. Btw, how is the game? - cool, ok or what

It's a great game, but it's more fun when you're playing with friends. On your own it can end up getting that compulsive "one more quest, 500 more XP, 1 more skill point" feel that sometimes characterizes RPGs, but with friends it's a total romp. It's also really challenging once you get past the n00b area.

Even on your own, tho, it's one of the largest and most beautiful games I've ever seen. The art direction is absolutely superb. It's a pleasure to play. :D

You newer folks can also XFire me under "suibhne", which is another way we could hook up in-game (in Guild Wars, UT, or anything else).
shauna
Initiate
Initiate

Postby shauna » Mon May 09, 2005 9:18 pm

I went out on moms day and got me a copy of Guild Wars. However; I dont think my vid card likes that game too much because when I go into my inventory screen and try to move thing around, the game crashes. When I installed the game I got a message tellinh me that I had an unsuperted vid card.

I can still play the game but I cant go into my inventory and the frame rate is kind of choppy. Oh well, I am going to get a new vid card anyway but I am waiting for my stupid tax refund. Damn IRS.

When I get it I will let you know and mabee we can play. :x
Shauna aka The Mad Frammer

Whatever happened to pong?

Return to “Public General Discussion”