"WTF was up with the forums yesterday?"

The place to meet and greet the Factor 8 community!
StuDaBaker =8=
Round Table
Round Table

"WTF was up with the forums yesterday?"

Postby StuDaBaker =8= » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:01 am

FYI, I guess when they did maintenance on the web server early yesterday AM (1/23/14) either php on the server was upgraded or it somehow changed the php version to a newer version of php that our bulletin board software does not like. That was the cause of the 500 Internal Server Error we all got yesterday. Now we've been getting that error randomly for a while, and usually refreshing the page does the trick, I don't know what's causing that.

Meanwhile, while the site was down, and I still had access to the FTP, I decided that it was a good time to update the Portal page (front page with TS viewer, calendar, and whatnot), as it was a version behind and needed to be done for security patches and compatibility and such. Well, that's been done, but for whatever reason, it doesn't show as the default home page. So, simple fix I changed some redirects. You must use http://www.factor8guild.com or portal.php to start at the Portal, or if you prefer the forum index, use http://www.factor8guild.com/phpBB3/ to start. Basically, update your bookmarks to your preference, because I've already spent more time working on that particular problem than I care to, and that's the easiest solution.

Thanks for bearing with it!
Sarg York=8=
Round Table
Round Table

Re: "WTF was up with the forums yesterday?"

Postby Sarg York=8= » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:50 am

Stu again I would like to say thank you for your hard work with the forums. With your busy real life, growing kids & business your time can very limited
oatmealr82 =8=
Cadet
Cadet

Postby oatmealr82 =8= » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:58 pm

Ditto on the thanks for the hard work, BF4 server included.
MurfMan =8=
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby MurfMan =8= » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:41 pm

Hey , IT WASN'T ME FOR ONCE!! :shock:

Murf :cool:

PS Hope you know how much you're appreciated Stu. I know I speak for everyone when I say Thanks for all you do.

Return to “Public General Discussion”