"Cheat Detected" after randomly placed in hacked IWNet server

The place to meet and greet the Factor 8 community!
Hac =8=
Cadet
Cadet

"Cheat Detected" after randomly placed in hacked IWNet server

Postby Hac =8= » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:57 pm

I found this on the IW forum.What is next for us? Are we going to get banned for being placed in a hacked server?
No responce from IW i see

I almost dont want to fire up the game untill i know WTF is going on here.
As anyone seen anything else on any forums about this?

"Cheat Detected" after randomly placed in hacked IWNet serve

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:14 pm

So, I load MW2 tonight and attempt to join a game of Ground Wars. IWNet places me into a server that is currently on the map Rust. Of course it is a hacked server that has made its way into IWNet for everyone and anyone to randomly join, Rust would never be in the normal Ground Wars map rotation. The score was like 50000 to 200. I stepped forward and knifed someone in front of me and it awarded me millions of XP and I was instantly promoted to level 70 (I was already in 3rd prestige). About 5 seconds later I am kicked from the game with the message "Cheat Detected."

Now, I think most people here are aware of the fact that hacked servers with no-score limits have been around for months. But I never got into one and was promoted to level 70 just like that, nor have I been booted with said message.

So I queue up for a game of HQ Pro and the game goes fine. After that, I back out and attempt to join another Ground Wars - this time I get in a game and it's on Derail. The match starts and I'm running across the map. Before one kill goes out, I'm kicked from the game with the message "Cheat Detected."

So I've done a few more games since then and played OK, but now I'm always wondering if I will be kicked (or banned). It only started tonight after the one occurrence in the hacked lobby, under the current game version 175.

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I really at risk for being VAC banned because IWNet placed me into a hacked server?
Sarg York=8=
Round Table
Round Table

Postby Sarg York=8= » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:35 pm

The cheaters are with out a doubt going to ruin MW2. Just simply because they can.

All I want to know is what is IW going to do about it. Right now alot of people feel IW has ripped them off. I for one am watching to see how they fix this mess. Because if they don't I am not sure I will ever buy another IW game again.
Hac =8=
Cadet
Cadet

Postby Hac =8= » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:00 am

Just saw on the iw forum four pages of posts with this hacked server shit.And not one responce from anyone at IW.
It appeared that this is going to spread very fast,If IW does not fix this soon I dont think the game will survive long :(
Hac =8=
Cadet
Cadet

Postby Hac =8= » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:17 am

I think i will be playing COD WAW or COD4 untill i see some responce from IW or Vac or someone. If I get thrown into a hacked server and get banned.It would not be good that would mean i would have to pack my bags and my 7mm magnum and go hunting :)
For the ones at IW I hold them accountable.They dam well better clean up the f-ing mess.
I know my post sounds a bit crazy dont worry i am not over the edge yet but hanging on by my finger nails. LOL

Return to “Public General Discussion”