FREE! Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat

The place to meet and greet the Factor 8 community!
FatDaddy
Initiate
Initiate

FREE! Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat

Postby FatDaddy » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:14 pm

What's up my brothers?

If you have Half-Life 2 and really like RO for it's realism then this FREE mod is for you! It is VERY RO-ish in almost every aspect and like the original RO it's FREE!
Great graphix, large maps, no bunny hopping, no "gunsight in the middle of the screen, you must AIM your weapon, No carring a dozen rifles with unlimited ammo, ETC ETC.

Just imagine RO with one side dressed as Marines and one side dressed as insurgents. I highly reccommend giving this one a try. Just as I was getting tired of RO this comes along. w00t!
ArcAngyl =8=
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby ArcAngyl =8= » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:25 pm

If memory serves me correct, some of the orginal RO team split to do this mod.
http://www.circle13graphics.com
[email="arcangyl@factor8guild.com"]arcangyl@factor8guild.com[/email]
"Drawing is the honesty of the art. There is no possibility of cheating. It is either good or bad."
-Salvador Dali
Cantina Fly =8=
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Cantina Fly =8= » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:48 pm

EDIT: I post this and sure enough, I see you're playing CoD4... LOL

Hey Fats. We've all been hooked on CoD4 lately.More arcade like then this sounds, but they have a Hard Core mode built in for the realism camp and it's a lot of fun. I'll have to give this a download/try still.
FatDaddy
Initiate
Initiate

Yup! the 1st time for me to get back on and play

Postby FatDaddy » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:39 pm

I know, I saw Doc and Grey on a Cod4 map in xfire. what I've seen with Insurgency is a lot of older guys who don't like the counter strike type games. CoD4 has some great fx but TDM and dm are still geared for CS crowd. S&D is still a good game, more team work etc.

Insurgency is well doen and it wouldn't surprise me if some RO'ers had a hand in it. HL2 runs so good in mp and their mod fits nicely. grap it and we'll jump in a server.

Cantina Fly =VIII= wrote:EDIT: I post this and sure enough, I see you're playing CoD4... LOL

Hey Fats. We've all been hooked on CoD4 lately.More arcade like then this sounds, but they have a Hard Core mode built in for the realism camp and it's a lot of fun. I'll have to give this a download/try still.

Return to “Public General Discussion”