CoD4 Server

The place to meet and greet the Factor 8 community!
funkmaster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

CoD4 Server

Postby funkmaster » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:09 am

Hey guys, fun games last night! Good to see the whole gang again! :biggrin2:

I haven't been up to too much lately...pretty much took a break from PC games for a long while since there wasn't much out there that interested me. I just started playing again when TF2 came out and then picked up CoD4 and have been having tons of fun with it. I'm definitely addicted to it...great game.

Of course UT3 didn't turn out as many had expected or hoped...it's been quite a disappointment...but at least there are plenty of other good games out there.

Anyway, good times on your server last night, and glad you guys have a smaller server...18 or less seems to be a good size, I don't care much for the 32 player servers, way too crowded for the map sizes.
StuDaBaker =8=
Round Table
Round Table

Postby StuDaBaker =8= » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:21 am

Wassup Mudspanker?! Funny you should post, I was just thinking of dropping you an email yesterday to see how your doing after I saw your gmail in my address book. Yep, finally a game we can sink our teeth into. First server we've hosted since early in the year. Looks like something to keep us busy for a while. Good to hear from you, bro. Don't be a stranger.
Roach9119 =8=
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Roach9119 =8= » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:32 am

Yo Funky! Glad to have you on the server last night. I'll be looking forward to sinking my knife into your neck again soon! LOL That goes for Suibne too...
Cantina Fly =8=
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Cantina Fly =8= » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:10 am

Rustmaster Funkbucket! :D

Definitely good to see you on last night (Suibne too... :p) Was wondering what DoW would be up to with UT3 getting a less then stellar reception. Still have you in my Xfire, so I knew at least some of you were playing CoD4.

100% agree that smaller servers are better with CoD4 so far. That might change as the mod community make bigger maps, but for now.
funkmaster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby funkmaster » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:09 pm

Yeah...there are a few guys playing UT3 inspite of the broken game and lack of any real presence online...but I haven't even bought it. I might buy it when the first full patch is out of beta...but even then, I don't see myself playing it nearly as much as the previous UTs. Kinda sad really how Epic really killed off that community, but oh well, I'm not losing sleep over it :D

Mudspanker! LOL I can't beleive I almost forgot about that! That still makes me laugh today. Ahh...VC...that was a great game....ahh the good ol' days :cool:
SlayerDragon =8=
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby SlayerDragon =8= » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:53 pm

funkmaster wrote:Yeah...there are a few guys playing UT3 inspite of the broken game and lack of any real presence online...but I haven't even bought it. I might buy it when the first full patch is out of beta...but even then, I don't see myself playing it nearly as much as the previous UTs. Kinda sad really how Epic really killed off that community, but oh well, I'm not losing sleep over it :D

Mudspanker! LOL I can't beleive I almost forgot about that! That still makes me laugh today. Ahh...VC...that was a great game....ahh the good ol' days :cool:

lol

Yeah, UT3 has thoroughly pissed me off with all the bugs and crap. The gameplay is actually great, but it's so frustrating just getting everything together. Hopefully the first patch will fix most of my problems and I can at least get back into FragBU as usual. Until then, it's COD4 for me! And probably some TF2 as well, that is also a freaking excellent game!

Good playing with you guys. I've been following you and suibhne onto COD4 servers when F8 guys aren't online earlier in the evening. See you later on :sniper:

Return to “Public General Discussion”