USB Headset w/ integrated sound card

The place to meet and greet the Factor 8 community!
mgkelley
Initiate
Initiate

USB Headset w/ integrated sound card

Postby mgkelley » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:04 pm

Hey guys ...

What is a great USB gaming headset that has sound built into it and sounds GREAT?

If someone could make a few recommendations and also provide some links to some specs that would be awesome.

MGK
aka - Fang
Cantina Fly =8=
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Cantina Fly =8= » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:33 pm

I've had the same Plantronics DSP 500 headset since I joined. Works great for TS. In game audio is good too, but it doesn't isolate you the way some larger headsets do. If you decide you still want to use your main speakers for the game and just use the headset for TS, you won't have any problems hearing both. Noise cancellation is good too, so you don't get any feedback over TS when you talk.

They don't make that model anymore, but I was looking through their website and it looks like they have better ones now. Of course. :D
mgkelley
Initiate
Initiate

A bit more detail

Postby mgkelley » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:26 am

My gaming rig is fine but my laptop sound has finally gave up the ghost and I'm wanting a good headset with sound built into it so I can use on the road when I'm away from my gaming machine. I know that Kyril used a USB Sound Integrated Headset years ago and figured that one of ya could steer me toward a good one to buy.

Thanks for the info. I'll check out the Plantronics sight and see about ordering one today.

Regards,
MGK
Juggalo =8=
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Juggalo =8= » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:24 pm

We all had the same ones that Cantina mentioned, Ky included. The Plantronics DSP500's. They worked great.
@FuckPhotoBucket

Return to “Public General Discussion”