Not an application to join per se...

The place to meet and greet the Factor 8 community!
StuDaBaker =8=
Round Table
Round Table

Postby StuDaBaker =8= » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:26 am

Cantina_Fly wrote:...The main thing they taught me is that the community of people you play with is more important than anything else. As they can single handedly make you spend time on what you would otherwise consider a medicore game..

That's the gist! Well said. 8)
imported_SlayerDragonVIII

Postby imported_SlayerDragonVIII » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:37 pm

Agreed :D

I still play some WoW, too :)
W@rl(0)K
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby W@rl(0)K » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:13 pm

I highly recommend playing thru the SP of HL2. I wont comment on Doom3, *cough*itsux*cough*. :lol: Some people liked it, I was one of the ones that didnt. Dont know about the MP of either game. Hope to see you on the UT server!
Deemo
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Deemo » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:40 pm

Im with you W@rlok, I still havent finished Doom 3. The darkness gets old real fast. Quite frankly, not a very scary game either. I hope FEAR is better.
Cantina Fly =8=
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Cantina Fly =8= » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:26 am

Ok, I have XFire setup and added a bunch of you to my friends list so that should help.

I think I will enjoy Doom 3, but I know what I'm getting with it already. I have two friends who have played it, one is the kind of guy who plays through FarCry on "Realistic" and thinks it's fun. The other one's favorite game is Serious Sam. Can you guess which one liked Doom 3?

And I had HL2 on my system for about 2 days right after it came out as I had a 9800XT with one of those coupons (I still have the card in the original box if anyone is looking for a good used card?) I played up to the point where you get the suit back and the doctor teleports you outside the lab. Then one of the drives in my raid-0 decided to "forget" about the partions it had on it... The game definately has an Orwellian/Fahrenheit 451 feel to it though.

Return to “Public General Discussion”