UT ONS mixer tournament

The place to meet and greet the Factor 8 community!
imported_Suibhne

UT ONS mixer tournament

Postby imported_Suibhne » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:07 pm

For you kids out there who still play Onslaught and want some more time with it, please consider getting together an F8 contingent for a possible mixer tournament.

Wth is a mixer tournament, you ask? Well, I'm glad you asked! :lol:

In a mixer tournament, you're basically put in teams with other players (not in your clan) and challenged to build a team out of it. I've never played one, but the Assault community has done an extremely successful mixer and are starting another, so there's interest in putting one together on the ONS side too. Could be a great chance to play with other skilled players in a more competitive setting and a great chance to learn new skills and strats, even if you can't field a full F8 team on TWL.

Find out more in this thread over at ONSCentral. If you end up having a few folks interested in this, please post up in that forum this week so bharsell from uMA can figure out if this is worth moving forward.

Hoping to see some of you folks out there!
imported_Suibhne

Postby imported_Suibhne » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:35 pm

Here's more info from bharsell on the basic plan:
Here's kinda what I'm thinking of:

We'll basically use the TWL rules for server settings, so 6v6, utcomp 1.6, etc. Since 6v6 is optimal match size, I'm thinking 9 players per team so we have some subs. Everybody is guaranteed to play at least one map if they show up for the match.

I would like to use Euro rules for maps, so we play 2 maps and swap colors after each round. If a tie-breaker is necessary, each team will take turns throwing out maps until one remains. The team that does not throw out the final map will get color choice. Since we're using Euro rules for the maps, I think we should set the match time to 10 or 15 min.

Once we get past the first or second round, we'll try to UTV the matches.

For team selection, people who volunteer to be captains will select their teams through a draft jsut like in the assault mixer and we would reverse the order of selection each round, ie the captain that gets the last pick of the first round will get the first pick of the second round.

That's basically what I'm thinking about for some basic rules.

I would like to see at least 16 teams involved, which means we would need 144 players for 9 per team. There's 30 teams on TWL, so thats only ~5 per team not counting non-clan players that would be interested. I think we could get that many, but it would take several people spamming forums to generate enough interest.

Anyway, we'll let this ride for a week and see what kind of responses we get before taking it any further.
W@rl(0)K
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby W@rl(0)K » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:29 pm

I'm sure we have a few that would be very interested in this.
How ya been doin bro?
imported_Suibhne

Postby imported_Suibhne » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:53 pm

Doing pretty well. Probably going back to school in the fall, while still working this full-time job, so my gaming time will be less; I'll have to get in all of my fun this summer. :wink:

UT's been taking so much of my time that I haven't had much opportunity to get to know BF2, unfortunately. It was fun playing TAM for a few maps with you guys last night, tho. :D
W@rl(0)K
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby W@rl(0)K » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:16 pm

My connection has been @#%&#$*&%!!! lately so I havnt been able to get a fix, and I'm about to go into DT's!!! Soon to be fixed I hope! Take care bro!
imported_Suibhne

Postby imported_Suibhne » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:47 pm

bharsell has now posted a separate global message re. this mixer tournament over at ONSCentral. Please post there if you want to sign up.

And please sign up - should be great fun, playing alongside the best players in the game (from clans like Pure, uMA, k1, etc.). This is for all ability levels, and can't even work if we don't get a lot of people to sign up, so take the plunge! :D
imported_Suibhne

Postby imported_Suibhne » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:23 pm

Dahmer did the mighty deed and signed up. How 'bout the rest of you losers? :D
Draser
Cadet
Cadet

Postby Draser » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:39 am

ONS? pfft :lol:
imported_Suibhne

Postby imported_Suibhne » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:10 pm

ONS > Draser :P
Ashtray
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Ashtray » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:30 pm

ONS is for people that need to hide behind their lack of dm skills. so they just sit in a tank and spam peeps at spawn points. 8) Not you though suibhne :wink:

Return to “Public General Discussion”